Expanding my memoir collection by one essential title (and Penn today, in pictures)

Tuesday, March 13, 2012




I found myself with fifteen spare minutes today and spent the whole lot of them here, at The Last Word Bookshop on the edge of the Penn campus.  I wasn't going to leave without a purchase.  I came home with the University of Nebraska edition of All the Strange Hours: The Excavation of a Life, the Loren Eiseley memoir.

I will never complete my memoir library.  But having this Eiseley (among my many other Eiseleys) puts me at a bit more ease.

In other news, spring has sprung and my young memoirists are not just fine memoirists.  They are thoughtful critics and compassionate souls.

But you knew that.

1 comments:

Richard Gilbert said...

I just bought that memoir myself, Beth. Though when I will get to reading it remains to be seen! I just remembered that I'd meant to read JCO's A Widow's Story, too. I keep hearing of must-read memoirs, and they have become like novels. One can't keep up.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP