Small Damages: the first review, with deep gratitude to My Friend Amy

Friday, April 13, 2012

I was not at home, not with my normal machines, not even with my book of email addresses. 

I was just here.  Being.

And then a message came through on my phone from Serena Agusto-Cox.  She wondered if I had seen My Friend Amy's blog today.  She thought that if I hadn't, I should pay a visit.


I waited until my husband was done with the ancient laptop we had brought along for this short journey.  It crunched and crunched (it takes its time) before the screen filled with Amy's words.  My eyes blurred.  My throat caught.  It took some time for me to read them.

Because.

Because Amy is kinder and dearer to me than I can say.  And her review is more than a review.  Review isn't even the word.  Her review is a gift. 

Yes.  This week is magic.

Thank you, Amy.  For always being there.  For being the first.  For making me lucky.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy is a good friend to you but Amy is also an intelligent reader who appreciates beautiful intelligent prose. As do you! How wonderful it is to share internet space with you both.

Serena said...

You are lucky to have such a great advocate, and I knew you'd want to read her beautiful words.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP