this one's for you, Little Miss M.

Friday, April 20, 2012

I write from time to time on this blog about the Glorious Miss M., who thrills us all at DanceSport Academy with her talent, her commitment, and her kindness.  We've watched her grow up from this little girl, snapped by my camera nearly three years ago, to the young lady who joins us adults on Thursday evenings in the intermediate group classes—not to learn (she knows this stuff already), but to help us find our dancing ways.  She gets a little look in her eye, as you can see.  It's not mischief, exactly.  It's, well, let's call it The Miss M. Sparkle Elixir.

Yesterday evening, while we sat on the couch together waiting for our lesson, Miss M. asked me about our time away in Beach Haven.  I began to speak of dolphins and sun.  "Oh, yes," she interrupted (however politely).  "I read that on your blog."  (How boring can one person be, I thought of myself at the time.)  Miss M. then proceeded to explain how, every day when she comes home from school, she heads to the computer to find out what I blogged.  She was smiling when she said it.  There might have been some irony there.  Still, just in case she's reading today, this one is for you, Miss M.

Miss M. is competing this weekend at the Philadelphia Festival DanceSport Championships.  I'm sending her all of my love.  If the judges know what's right and fair, she'll come home bedazzled with blue ribbons.

2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Miss M sounds like a real sweetheart. How lucky you are to know her.

Serena said...

Miss M reads your blog, what a treasure. Good luck to her

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP