on book dedications (and One Thing Stolen)

Thursday, October 30, 2014

There comes that quiet time, in the life of a book, when we must make a decision or two about dedications. My son, my family, two editors, my agent, my students. I have had my reasons.

Yesterday, home from Hilton Head and binge-watching "Breaking Bad" in the late dark after a long work day, I stood, went to my office, and retrieved a galley copy of One Thing Stolen. I opened it to an early page, turned on the light, called to my husband.

I keep meaning to tell you, I said.


4 comments:

Serena said...

Wonderful...and I love how you told him.

Dana said...

That is so lovely! What a great way to tell him.

Victoria Marie Lees said...

Even your blog posts are poetic, emotional. Perfect. I agree with everyone else. Lucky him!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP