the writer in the world: an interview

Friday, August 7, 2015

A few months ago I was very privileged to share an excerpt from a work-in-progress (an "adult" story) with Clockhouse, the beautiful new literary magazine. Recently, Heather Leah Huddleston, a key member of the Goddard community, asked if I might agree to a follow-on interview. Of course, I said, to this very dear and talented soul.

And so, today, that interview goes live. I'm talking about the difference between writing for adults and teens, the frustrations I've faced, the stuff I don't do well, and the life choices I make, on a daily basis.

It's all here.

Thank you, Heather. And thanks, too, to Rahna Reiko Rizzuto, one of my dearest friends in this wide world, who first bridged me to Heather and to Goddard. Reiko lives in Brooklyn. I live where I live. Even so, sometimes, like just yesterday, I take a walk, dial her number, and live in her company for a glorious while. A true forever friend.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP