Frenchtown Memoir Workshop, Harleysville Book Club, Radnor High Hall of Fame

Sunday, November 15, 2015

I'm not sure I'll ever be very good at simply moving forward with my own life when I am vividly aware of the terrible loss and hurt that has utterly rearranged the lives of others.

It doesn't feel right. But it's the only choice we have. Keep living.

And so, this week, there will be (between pauses, within silence) moments of study, moments of reflection, moments of celebration, moments of friendship, many interesting corporate projects, one unexpected audition, and three hours with some wet clay.

You are welcome to join us for the public events:

Today, November 15, on behalf of The Book Garden in Frenchtown, NJ, I'll be teaching a three-hour memoir workshop. Details are here. There is room. You can join us.

Tomorrow, November 16, at the Delaware Valley Regional High School, I'll be talking about the writers' life to an assembly of students and then providing insights on crafting the college essay.

Tuesday, November 17, I'll return to my work with the fourth and fifth graders of West Philadelphia, who will be refining the essays they began writing last week.

Thursday, November 19, I'll be at the wonderful Harleysville Books for the November Book Club Happy Hour, talking about our city and the power of love, an especially important topic, I think, in these days. The details are here.

On Friday and Saturday I will be at Radnor High School, joining my brother for his Radnor High Hall of Fame induction ceremony. We are, I believe, the first brother-sister pairing on that wall. I am over the moon for Jeff and grateful to all those on the committee who recognized his contributions to his rarefied world of engineering and mathematics.

Finally, the paperback of Going Over, my Berlin Wall novel, is being launched this month, and in celebration there are currently ten copies being offered in this Goodreads giveaway. 

Finally, finally, words of thanks to Chronicle Books and Junior Library Guild. This Is the Story of You has been selected for the Guild's Book Club.

2 comments:

sgaissert said...

Thank you so much for the wonderful workshop in Frenchtown today. I am so happy I decided to attend. Hearing everyone's writing was a beautiful experience, and meeting you was such a pleasure. You are a very special teacher. I loved the way you "got" each of us, what we were writing about, and gave each of us the gift of your perception and insight, to make our writing better. All my best wishes to you!

Victoria Marie Lees said...

Wish I could have made the workshop. Glad it went well. Congratulations to both you and your brother for making Radnor's Hall of Fame. And congratulations on being selected for the Guild's Book Club. Good luck with the Going Over paper back giveaway. I enjoyed the book.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP